What is Coordinated Entry?
The All Doors Lead Home Coordinated Entry System is Nebraska’s Balance of State and the City of Lincoln’s approach to organizing and providing housing services for people experiencing homelessness. Because housing resources are limited, this process is designed to ensure that individuals and families with the highest vulnerability, service needs, and length of homelessness receive top priority in housing placement.
- Consistent assessments of need as it relates to housing crisis
- Consistent data collection
- Referrals to programs and services
- Provision of prevention or diversion resources
- A way to begin transforming programs into a system
- A way to analyze needs and gaps in a systematic way
- A requirement under HUD’s 2012 ESG/CoC regulation
Coordinated Entry Will ...
- Divert people away from the homeless services system who have other safe options for housing, so they never enter homelessness.
- Help open the system by moving people more quickly through the referral process.
- Reduce duplication of efforts and help serve individuals better.
- Reduce frustration for service providers through targeting and engagement efforts.
- Quickly move people from homelessness by connecting them to the most appropriate housing program available.
- Assist communities with ending homelessness.
- Be good stewards of limited resources.
Commitment from All Doors Lead Home Coordinated Entry
- Prioritize persons that are identified as having the highest need for service based upon: chronicity, length of time homeless, and vulnerability.
- Collaborate with other agencies and entities to address the needs of those with the most acute needs and difficult circumstances.
- Transition from a “first come, first served” approach to an approach that says “now that you are here, let’s determine, together, what might be your next step”. A model that prioritizes the most vulnerable individuals and families in a community for the most intensive interventions and sets a course of services that meets the needs of all individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness.
- Close all “side doors” to the homeless system to ensure individual and families in the highest need get immediate and appropriate assistance.
Public Access Points - Locations and Hours
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with All Doors Lead Home Coordinated Entry Nebraska Balance of State and Lincoln
Like the All Doors Lead Home Coordinated Entry Nebraska Balance of State and Lincoln on Facebook