Geology Library Staff
Nicole Laughlin, Operations Supervisor
Course Reserves Contact
How to get to the Geology Library using the Elevators
- Enter Bessey Hall through the North door.
- Turn right and follow the hallway to the elevator.
- Press 'B' for basement.
- Follow the hallway to library.
Places to Study
Both quiet and collaborative study areas are located throughout the Geology Library to accommodate individual, large or small groups.
Find more places to study in other Libraries locations and on campus.
Computers & Software
- Six PC stations - one with a small flatbed scanner
- Two GIS Stations - one with a large format scanner (36 inch width)
- Software includes MatLab, Adobe and GIS
Print, Copy & Scan
PrintIT offers cloud-based printing and scanning at Wepa stations.
Scanners available at Geology Library:
- select desktop computers
- one large format scanner
Maps & Datasets
NebraskaMap provides public access information about geospatial data in Nebraska.
The Big Ten Academic Alliance Geoportal includes GIS datasets, web services, and digitized historical maps. Librarians and geospatial specialists from the Big Ten Academic Alliance curate these resources.