Spin-orbit torque: Co/Pt, thickness dependence
Magnetic materials: EuO, Fe8N2, Cr2O3, Fe2TeO6, NiMnSb, Fe1-xMnxPt.
Magnetic anisotropy in alloys: , , .
Ferropnictides: , , .
Phase transitions: Cr2O3 (0001) surface, Gd:EuO.
Magnetoelectrics: EB control, boundary, imaging. switching.
Spin fluctuations and resistivity: LSF, Fe & Ni, Gd-Tm, DLM, saturation.
Spintronics: TAMR, Fe/GaAs, spin injection, spin loss.
Tunnel junctions: Co/vacuum, Co/Al2O3, Fe/MgO, Co/SrTiO3, review.
Alloys: CLDM, Fe-Au.
News and updates
- Online Spintronics Seminar Series: cutting-edge research talks
- 8/11/20: Voltage-controlled magnetic anisotropy in antiferromagnetic MgO-capped MnPt films
- 3/29/20: Generalized magnetoelectronic circuit theory and spin relaxation at interfaces
- 2/24/20: Effects of intrinsic defects and alloying with Fe on the half-metallicity of Co2MnSi
- 8/7/19: Interfacial contributions to spin-orbit torque and magnetoresistance in FM/HM bilayers
- 7/17/19: Questaal: a package of electronic structure methods based on the LMTO technique
- 12/12/18: Influence of strain and chemical substitution on the magnetic anisotropy of Cr2O3
- 10/26/18: First-principles calculation of spin-orbit torque in a Co/Pt bilayer
- Proximitized Materials in Materials Today
- Theory of spin loss at metallic interfaces (invited talk at the APS March Meeting, see also this paper)
- Effects of thermal spin fluctuations on the electronic properties of itinerant magnets (talk at SPICE-Workshop on Computational Quantum Magnetism, Mainz, May 2015)
- Exotic behavior of magnetocrystalline anisotropy in (Fe1-xCox)2B (PRL 2015, APL 2015) and Mn1-xPt1+x (PRM 2018) alloys
- Construction of magnetic phase diagrams in alloys from first principles (PRL 2015)
- Effects of thermal spin disorder and excess Mn on the half-metallic gap in NiMnSb (PRB Rapid Comm 2015)
- Microscopic, first-principles model of strain-induced interaction in concentrated size-mismatched alloys (PRB 2014)
- Biquadratic interaction in ferropnictides (Nature Physics 2011)
- Imaging and control of surface magnetization domains in a magnetoelectric antiferromagnet (PRL 2011)
- Robust isothermal electric control of exchange bias at room temperature (Nature Materials 2010, PRL 2010)