J Alumni News will be now come to you via a notification to your email inbox. This method of delivery will allow us to provide you with more timely information about our students, events, visitors, international travels, faculty and staff activities—everything that make us a great Big Ten college!
This first issue has articles about two college programs—study abroad and Innovators in Residence—some faculty and student news and an alumna profile:
- The college offered three study abroad trips this past summer to Russia, India and Southeast Asia.
- Associate professor Joe Weber, who specializes in business and economics journalism, is teaching in China this fall.
- Sue Burzynski Bullard and Michelle Hassler won a teaching award from the news division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications in August.
- Students in the advertising and public relations sequence are collaborating with students in the Design Studio in the Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management.
- Student Alissa Skelton was invited to cover the Wal-Mart shareholders' meeting in Fayetteville, Ark., for The New York Times.
- Alumna Mijoe Sahiouni, an AAF Most Promising Minority Student, begins an exciting career in advertising and public relations in L.A.
- As part of the Innovators in Residence Program, launched a year ago by Dean Gary Kebbel, the college hosted two innovators this fall: Susan Poulton, a National Geographic executive, and Shiv Bhaskar Dravid, an Indian media entrepreneur.
We are excited about the new e-newsletter format and hope that you look forward to receiving the J school news approximately every six weeks. Please contact us if you have any suggestions or questions at 402-472-3041. Or we can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study abroad
- Alumna profile