- Katy Healey is working as a reporter for the Omaha World-Herald.
- Lacey Mason is working as social media editor at Investigative News Network in Los Angeles (Encino), Calif.
- John Schreier is the new managing editor at the Papillion Times/La Vista Sun in Papillion, Neb.
- Jessica Simpson has joined Swanson Russell's Lincoln office as a public relations writer.
- McKenzie Swanson is a copywriter at Snitily Carr of Lincoln.
- Lindsey Wiehl has joined DP Management LLC, a real estate company in Omaha as the marketing coordinator.
- Raechel Dennis has joined David Dale Photography of Lincoln as the marketing and artistic director.
- Beth Hoole is working as a sports reporter for KVRR-TV in Fargo, N.D.
- Brandi Kruse is an anchor/reporter for Bonneville International/KIRO-FM in Seattle, Wash.
- Bridgette Muller is a multimedia specialist and first impressions coordinator at SilverStone Group in Omaha.
- Brittany Stark has joined the Lexington (Neb.) Clipper-Herald as a sports reporter.
- Stacy Tamerius is the marketing director for Management Systems and works with various Nebraska businesses in Bennet, Neb.
- Andy Boyle is a digital developer with the New York Times Regional Media Group in New York.
- Kaylin Brabec has joined Phenomblue of Omaha and Los Angeles as an interactive experience producer in the Lincoln area.
- Michaela Brown is a project coordinator for ProWorld Service Corps in Cape Coast, Ghana in West Africa.
- Bill Citro is working as a marketing specialist for University of Nebraska Medical Center Physicians in Omaha, Neb.
- Sarah Haskell has been promoted to program director at the Nebraska Alumni Association. She joined the staff in March of 2010.
- Tanna Kimmerling has joined the Beatrice (Neb.) Public Schools as an English and journalism teacher at Beatrice High School.
- Hilary Stohs-Krause is a multimedia reporter for the Nebraska National Public Radio affiliate, Nebraska Educational Telecommunications (NET).
- Elinor K. Lane is the communications coordinator for the REALTORS Association of Lincoln.
- Brian Blackwell is working as the marketing director for Chick-fil-A in Alexandria, La.
- K.J. Hascall-Christensen is the managing editor at Hungry Horse News in the Columbia Falls, Glacier National Park and the Flathead Valley areas in Montana.
- Alex Haueter is the director of media and public relations for the National Sports Center Minnesota Stars, a member of the North American Soccer League in Blaine, Minn. and also owns and operates Seed Promotions, a screen-printing and advertising specialties business.
- Amberly Austad is the manager for new business at Colle+McVoy in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Courtney Rodgers has been promoted to interactive strategist at Swanson Russell's Lincoln office.
- Jeralee Shotkoski has returned to the Lincoln office of Swanson Russell as an interactive project coordinator.
- Maggie Tunning is a social collaboration analyst at World Bank in Washington, D.C.
- Sam Larson has joined Swanson Russell's Lincoln office as an account manager.
- Andrew Osterman is working as a program coordinator for the Goose Island Beer Company in Chicago, Ill.
- Alyssa Schukar was presented with a civilian award from the Nebraska and Iowa National Guard after spending two months in Afghanistan covering the war for the Omaha World-Herald. Her photographs were featured in an exhibit "At War, At Home: On the Ground in Afghanistan" at the Durham Western Heritage Museum from May 3-29, 2011.
- Kristin Ewing is an assistant account executive at Stephan & Brady in Madison, Wis.
- Vince Kuppig has been promoted to media manager at the Hastings Tribune in Hastings, Neb.
- Nate Custard has joined Archrival as creative director in the Lincoln office.
- Dirk Chatelain earned a Top 10 honor in the Associated Press Sports Editors' annual contest in feature writing for his in-depth story on Olympic gold-medal bobsledder Curt Tomasevicz.
- Nia Nielsen was named Marketer of the Month for the American Marketing Association's Lincoln chapter. She is a marketing specialist at the Nebraska Children and Families Foundation in Lincoln.
- Sarah M. (Wootton) Rider is the director of school and college programs for the Creighton University Office of Alumni Relations in Omaha.
- Nikki Bruner has been promoted to senior account executive at Ervin & Smith Advertising & Public Relations in Omaha.
- Bradley Davis is the Market Talk editor for Dow Jones at The Wall Street Journal in New York City, N.Y.
- Melissa Kelley is the business development coordinator for Shafer, Kline and Warren in Lenexa, Kan.
- Katie Vap is the marketing manager for Quality Brands of Omaha.
- Chris Schmidt is co-hosting "The Huskers Illustrated Radio Show" on Lincoln's KLMS 1480, which airs weekday afternoons.
- Zoe Olson has joined Aging Partners of Lincoln as a marketing and public relations supervisor.
- KaLena "Beanie" Barnes is working on her master's degree in business at Yale's School of Management in New Haven, Conn.
- Matt Miller, a photographer for the Omaha World-Herald, went to Haiti in November as a journalist in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity.
- Karissa (Armstrong) Tomsen has been promoted to partner in charge of media at Bozell in Omaha.
- John Vogel has joined Swanson Russell's Omaha office as a writer/producer.
- Curt Rohn has been promoted to assistant vice president of marketing at Union Bank & Trust in Lincoln.
- Alexis Thomas is working as a freelance public relations consultant in New York City, N.Y.
- Greg Bousquet has been promoted to senior art director in Swanson Russell's Lincoln office.
- Jody Lamp has joined Montana Silversmiths as the director of marketing in Billings, Mont.
- Lori Stones-Feuer is a marketing program manager at The Alexander Group, Inc., in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Robert Patterson was featured in The Midlands Business Journal's Business Minute. He is the executive director of Kids Can Community Center in Omaha, Neb.
- Bridget Sims Lewis has joined the University of Texas at Arlington as the senior media relations officer.
- Tim Siedell was listed as a 2011 Advertising Age Influencer for starting his own agency, Fuse Industries, in 2000 and for his popular and influential Twitter persona @badbanana.
- Tracy Keith has joined market research company The MSR Group in Omaha as the marketing and public relations manager.
- Jeff Carney has been promoted to director of digital content development at the Omaha World-Herald.
- Tammy Traudt is the assistant director of development for the University of California-San Diego Health Sciences in La Jolla, Calif.
- Kevin Warneke has joined the Steier Group of Omaha as a campaign manager.
- Jeff Buettner has been promoted to public relations coordinator at The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District.
- Lee Barfknecht was named sportswriter of the year for Nebraska by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. Barfknecht has been a sportswriter at the Omaha World-Herald nearly 32 years.
- Douglas Dohmen is the vice president of sales and marketing at Osiris Entertainment in Chatsworth. Calif.
- Don McCabe, editor of Nebraska Farmer, was presented the 2011 Outstanding Media Award from the Nebraska Cooperative Extension Association.
- Marilyn Coffey is currently promoting her latest book, "Mail-Order Kid."
CoJMC alumni have been profiled in the Nebraska Magazine. Read one or all of the dozens of stories available for free.
- Greg Andersen, '90
- Chery Griffin, '75
- Kevin Kugler, '94
- Trudy Lieberman, '68
- Marjie Lundstrom, '78
- Shirley Maly, '54
- Cindy McCaffrey, '80
- T.J. Montemer, '07
- Jane Olson, '64
- Juanita Page, '04
- Jerry Renaud, '75
- Tim Siedell, '91
- Josh Swartzlander, '08
- Bob Thacker, '70
- Sriyani Tidball, '72
- Matt Waite, '97
- Kirstin Wilder, '89
- Jeff Zeleny, '96
See Jeff on YouTube
- Bradley Howe and Renee Vandenberg, '97, Oct. 2, 2010. The couple lives in Omaha.
- Joshua Bode, '03, and Danelle Melvin, Dec. 31, 2010.
- Jesse Colburn and Carrie Pope, '06, May 21, 2011. The couple lives outside of Bradshaw, Neb.
- Caleb Swanson and McKenzie Wessling, '11, June 17, 2011.
- Allen Freudenburg and Beth Pfeifer, '07, Sept. 17, 2011.
- Jake Tewalt and Angela Parr, '05, June 17, 2011. The couple lives in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Greg Walklin, '06, and Tiffany Lee, '07, Oct. 22, 2011.
- Taylor Maulsby and Whitney Schwenka, '09, July 23, 2011.
- F.J. Higgins and Jenna Mullin, '96, Nov. 11, 2011. The couple lives in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Susan A. White, '89, Waterloo, Neb., Dec. 15, 2010.
- David VanDerslice, '91, Columbus, Neb., May 22, 2011.
- Brien Connealy, '74, Breckenridge, Colo., July 27, 2011.