- Emily Bliss has joined CUnet in Omaha, Neb., as a marketing associate for quality control.
- Brandi Burkett has joined Cabela’s in Lincoln as a bank specialist.
- Richard German is earning his master’s degree at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. He has joined the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) as a marketing and events department intern.
- Hilary Hadden is a marketing and staff coordinator at Epicurean Catering in the greater Denver, Colo., area.
- Jamie Klein has joined the Reading Eagle in Reading, Pa., as a reporter.
- Adi Kunalic is the chief operating officer of Hurrdat Social Media in Lincoln. He also was recently drafted by the Carolina Panthers professional football team.
- Lacey Mason is an independent contractor, writer and editor for My Mac in Washington, D.C.
- Seanica Reineke has joined the National Association of Farm Broadcasting in the Kansas City area as a news service editor.
- Marcus Scheer has joined News Link in Lincoln as a corporate journalist.
- Emily Sears is an advertising/marketing intern at IMSCorp in Lincoln.
- Alissa Skelton is working as a collegiate correspondent at USA Today and as a news intern at Mashable, both in New York City.
- Carson Stokebrand has joined ABC’s “Good Morning America” as a production associate in New York City.
- Jamie Svoboda is an event assistant at the Nebraska Champions Club in Lincoln.
- Shawn Vaughan has joined REBEL INTERACTIVE as an interactive specialist in Omaha, Neb.
- Krista Vogel has joined Hurrdat Social Media in Lincoln as an account manager.
- Wendy Adams is now studying integrated marketing communications at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- Sarah Burnham has joined Ervin & Smith as an account coordinator in Omaha, Neb.
- Lauren Case has been promoted to marketing training coordinator at HDR in Omaha, Neb.
- Melissa Dohmen is the director of marketing and public relations at School House LLC, an ethically sourced college apparel company in Durham, N.C.
- Jim Dvorak is an account coordinator at Merritt Group in San Francisco, Calif.
- Lauren Larsen is the director of marketing at HobbyTown USA in Lincoln.
- Jeff Price is a business development coordinator at OBI Creative in Omaha, Neb.
- Natasha Richardson has joined Raidious, an interactive marketing and communications company, as a content correspondent in Indianapolis, Ind. She will be participating in the first-ever social media command center for the Super Bowl in February.
- Carissa Rose is working as a franchisee for Culver’s in Lincoln.
- Spencer Millard is a producer/director at Cox Communications in Omaha, Neb.
- Lexie Hollertz Frahm is working as a freelance communications and marketing professional in the Omaha, Neb. area.
- Katelyn Kerkhove Ideus has joined the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as an assistant director of marketing for admissions.
- Lyndsay Lee is working at ESPN as the College Football Live social media manager and production assistant in Hartford, Conn.
- Dakarai Aarons volunteered as a coordinator for the Urban Journalism Workshop at the Washington Association of Black Journalists. He is the manager of Education and Policy Initiatives at Communication Works, LLC in Washington, D.C.
- Katie Herzog has been promoted to senior account executive at Ervin & Smith Advertising in Omaha, Neb.
- Craig Hester has joined Ryan Partnership in Chicago, Ill., as a senior copywriter.
- Stacy Cervantes has joined Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa., as the manager of special events.
- Danette Hansen is an assistant account manager at Strategic America, an integrated marketing services agency, in Los Angeles.
- Dirk Chatelain has been named sportswriter of the year for Nebraska by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. He is a sportswriter with the Omaha World-Herald.
- Nia Nielsen is a marketing specialist at Nebraska Children and Families Foundation in Lincoln.
- Scott Cunning is a demand planner at ConAgra Foods in Omaha, Neb.
- Scott Franzen is a national marketing and communications manager at McGladrey & Pullen, LLP in Chicago, Ill.
- Kim Hillyer has been promoted to director in the communications department at TD Ameritrade in Omaha, Neb.
- Karissa Tomsen has joined Intertwine Interactive as vice president of business development.
- Elizabeth (Lee) Sanzone is now the vice president at LaunchSquad in San Francisco, Calif.
- Clover Frederick of Julesburg, Colo., was named February’s Marketer of the Month by the Lincoln chapter of the American Marketing Association. Frederick is the founder and director of the Nonprofit Marketing Network, which matches nonprofit organizations with the professional marketing services they need.
- TJ Nuckolls is working as a sales manager at Vizrt Middle East in Dubai, UAE.
- Jessica Kennedy is the communications director at the Nebraska Hospital Association in Lincoln.
- Melissa Freeman Fuller and her husband own the Green Room Media company based in Lincoln, Neb., and are working to launch and produce a new Lincoln health channel.
- Deanna Mesch has joined the Grand Island (Nebraska) Area Chamber of Commerce as an events coordinator.
- Kevin Kugler has been named sportscaster of the year for Nebraska by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association for a record eighth time. Kugler hosts the weekly “Big Red Wrap Up” Husker football program and numerous other play-by-play broadcasts on Nebraska Educational Television.
- John Gardner is a Web producer at MSN in Bellevue, Wash.
- Linda Persigehl is the assistant editor at Omaha Publications.
- Ann Eads has joined KEVN Black Hills Fox TV as a sales representative in Rapid City, S.D.
- Mark Thien received the National Public Lands Day Volunteer of the Year Award in Nashville, Tenn.
- Kelly Lynn Anders is the director of communications and diversity at Creighton University School of Law in Omaha, Neb. Her new book, “Advocacy to Zealousness: Learning Lawyering Skills From Classic Films,” was featured in The National Law Journal.
- Barbara Simon is a producer for “The Dr. Oz Show” in New York City.
- Joel Sartore visited a Valentine High School journalism class in November 2011. His work has been featured in National Geographic, Time, Life, Sports Illustrated and NEBRASKAland.
- Kelly Bartling is the news director for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Tom Ineck is the new host of “Jazz Currents,” the jazz program on NET Radio every Saturday night.
- Kevin Mcillece is the owner of K & I Services Inc. in Cedar Park, Texas.
- Vern Powers has become the mayor of Hastings, Neb.
- Brian Boesche was featured in the Lincoln Business Journal’s Business Minute. He is a partner and chief creative officer at Swanson Russell in Lincoln.
- Michael Nelson has retired as editor of the Lincoln Journal Star. Nelson had been with Lee Enterprises since 2008.
- Bob Thacker is the executive director of Adopt-A-Classroom and resides in Minneapolis, Minn.
CoJMC alumni have been profiled in the Nebraska Magazine. Read one or all of the dozens of stories available for free.
- Greg Andersen, '90
- Chery Griffin, '75
- Kevin Kugler, '94
- Trudy Lieberman, '68
- Marjie Lundstrom, '78
- Shirley Maly, '54
- Cindy McCaffrey, '80
- T.J. Montemer, '07
- Jane Olson, '64
- Juanita Page, '04
- Jerry Renaud, '75
- Tim Siedell, '91
- Josh Swartzlander, '08
- Bob Thacker, '70
- Sriyani Tidball, '72
- Matt Waite, '97
- Kirstin Wilder, '89
- Jeff Zeleny, '96
See Jeff on YouTube
- Charles Hannema and Brittany Jeffers, ’08, Jan. 19, 2012. The couple will live in Tulsa, Okla
Janet Kay Sack, ’64, of Lincoln, died Jan. 18, 2012, at the age of 69. Sack loved to write football stories and worked at the Lincoln Journal Star
Sarah M. Lahr, ’38, Falls Church, Va., died Dec. 5, 2011, at the age of 96. She supported the college with funds for a number of programs, most recently the ABC On Campus Bureau