- Tara Behrens has joined Health Images as a receptionist in Englewood, Colo.
- Katie Briggs is a designer at Roundscapes, LLC and is an adjunct graphic design instructor at Southeast Community College, both in Lincoln.
- Kelli Eason is an analyst for Skybox Services at Cerner Corporation in Kansas City, Mo.
- Tyler Huerta is a graphic designer and copywriter at Thought District in Lincoln.
- Samantha Rendon is working as an assistant account executive at BBDO in New York City.
- John Schreier has joined The Daily Nonpareil as the assistant managing editor for digital in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Michael Todd has been named managing editor of “Hear Nebraska,” a nonprofit website based in Lincoln that showcases homegrown musicians.
- Elizabeth Venrick is working as executive assistant at Face it TOGETHER, a non-profit organization aimed at eliminating addictions in communities. The company is located in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Nick Huff is the group sales and marketing manager for CRAVE Restaurant in Omaha, Neb.
- Shani Lantigua has joined LMS Intellibound, Inc. as a national recruiter in the Atlanta area.
- Lois Olson owns and is a photographer at The Sparrow Stand in Omaha.
- Will Sharpe is currently attending Chicago Portfolio School in Chicago.
- Blair Troester is a business manager for philosophy cosmetics at Nordstrom in Chicago.
- Mallory Wittstruck is the director of communications at Farmway Co-op, Inc. in Beloit, Kan.
- Crystal Wulfekuhl is a digital sales representative at Chicago Tribune Media Group in Chicago.
- Claire Abelbeck is the associate director of digital communications at the Nebraska Alumni Association in Lincoln.
- Niki Steier is a communication specialist at Woodmen of the World in Omaha.
- Jeff Deans has joined Swanson Russell in Lincoln as a writer/producer.
- Nikki Novotny is working as a program development specialist for Hallmark Cards in Kansas City, Mo.
- Justin Peterson is a multimedia producer at the Chicago Bears football team in Chicago, Ill.
- Quentin Lueninghoener has won an award for his contributions to a portfolio of sports page design including preview pages, pregame covers, high school pages and the 2011 Super Bowl Preview from the News Design Awards of Excellence. The awards were made for his work as a designer at the Omaha World-Herald.
- Alyssa Schukar has won an award for Single Photo, Spot News from the Society for News Design Awards of Excellence for her photo for a photo she took in Kabul, Afghanistan. She is a photographer at the Omaha World-Herald.
- Ben VanKat has won an award for Special Topics from the Society for News Design Awards of Excellence for his collaborative efforts in sports design. He is the social media editor at the Omaha World-Herald.
- Crystal Wiebe is working in corporate communications and social media at Staples Promotional Products in Overland Park, Kan.
- Kate Mueting is working as an associate at Sanford Wittels & Heisler, LLP, a national law firm with offices in Washington, D.C., New York and California. She is based in the Washington, D.C., office.
- Matt Miller has won an award for Inside Page, Broadsheet from the Society for News Design Awards of Excellence for his spotlight piece on the Omaha World-Herald All-State basketball team. He is a photographer at the Omaha World-Herald.
- Randy Hawthorne was featured in the “Know Your Neighbor” column in Neighborhood Extra (a weekly local publication). Hawthorne works at Firespring in Lincoln.
- Linda Persigehl is the assistant editor at Omaha Publications in Omaha.
- Barbara Simon is working at the Dr. Oz Show in New York City.
CoJMC alumni have been profiled in the Nebraska Magazine. Read one or all of the dozens of stories available for free.
- Greg Andersen, '90
- Chery Griffin, '75
- Kevin Kugler, '94
- Trudy Lieberman, '68
- Marjie Lundstrom, '78
- Shirley Maly, '54
- Cindy McCaffrey, '80
- T.J. Montemer, '07
- Jane Olson, '64
- Juanita Page, '04
- Jerry Renaud, '75
- Tim Siedell, '91
- Josh Swartzlander, '08
- Bob Thacker, '70
- Sriyani Tidball, '72
- Matt Waite, '97
- Kirstin Wilder, '89
- Jeff Zeleny, '96
See Jeff on YouTube
- Charles Hannema and Brittany Jeffers, ’08, Jan. 19, 2012. The couple will live in Tulsa, Okla
Janet Kay Sack, ’64, of Lincoln, died Jan. 18, 2012, at the age of 69. Sack loved to write football stories and worked at the Lincoln Journal Star
Sarah M. Lahr, ’38, Falls Church, Va., died Dec. 5, 2011, at the age of 96. She supported the college with funds for a number of programs, most recently the ABC On Campus Bureau