CoJMC Alumni E-newsletter
- Christina Fraser is a video editing intern at Ervin and Smith in Omaha.
- Minela Jukovic is a content advocate with iAcquire in Phoenix. iAcquire is a global leader in digital brand strategy and marketing.
- Samantha (Berke) Morris is a digital advertising coordinator at Clear Channel Radio in Omaha.
- Max Olson is a staff writer with the ESPN HornsNation at ESPN in Austin, Texas.
- Mel Severin is an advertising graphic artist at the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Burton Speakman is a business reporter at the Vindicator Printing Company in Youngstown, Ohio.
- Jamie Svoboda is a help desk associate in Lincoln’s Kenexa office.
- Andrea Vasquez is an intern with WNET.ORG is the greater New York City area.
- Christina DeVries is a US Peace Corps volunteer in Namibia.
- Stephanie Scharf is front-end developer with Nelnet and interactive graphic designer with ThinkDoBeCreate.
- Andy Boyle is a newsroom Web developer at the Boston Globe. Boyle built a people-locator app for the Tuscaloosa News in the aftermath of the 2011 Tuscaloosa tornados. The Tuscaloosa News won a Pulitzer Prize in 2012 for its coverage and Boyle was cited as part of the team for the Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News.
- Marc Chedel, a Juris Doctor candidate at Creighton University’s School of Law, is the LexisNexis student representative.
- Sarah Andrews is an account executive with For Rent Media Solutions in the greater Chicago area. She earned an MBA with an emphasis in marketing from UNL in 2010.
- Josh Gregg is a copywriter with Firespring, a marketing, design and software development company with offices in Lincoln and Omaha.
- Lindsay (Smith) O’Brien is a proofreader and account coordinator with the Swanson Russell Associates’ Omaha office.
- Josh Hunt is a school counseling intern and an assistant girls soccer coach with the Peoria (Illinois) Notre Dame school system.
- Kristin Ewing is a public relations coordinator for the Oklahoma Bankers Association in Oklahoma City.
- Erin Burcham Taylor is an employee communications specialist with Caterpillar Financial in Nashville, Tenn. She contributes a monthly column to “Her Nashville,” a women’s magazine.
- Todd Walkenhorst joined CBSHome Real Estate of Omaha as a sales associate.
- Mike Lewis is the editor of Class.com.
- Joeth Zucco is a senior project editor with the University of Nebraska Press.
- Linda Robinson Rutz (undergrad ’71) has retired as president of Union Agency Inc. and has taken the position of director of business development, also with Union Agency Inc.
- Jeff Barnes gave a talk at The Knight Museum and Sandhills Center on April 20. His presentation was titled “Custer in Nebraska: The Royal Buffalo Hunt of 1872.” Barnes is a former newspaper reporter and editor. He writes freelance and resides in Omaha.
- Bob Anderson is the owner and founder of Red Willow Films, a company that produces weekly educational program hosted by teens and young adults. He filmed two episodes in Nebraska with UNL senior Anna Ripa who was the reporter for the stories.
CoJMC alumni have been profiled in the Nebraska Magazine. Read one or all of the dozens of stories available for free.
- Greg Andersen, '90
- Chery Griffin, '75
- Kevin Kugler, '94
- Trudy Lieberman, '68
- Marjie Lundstrom, '78
- Shirley Maly, '54
- Cindy McCaffrey, '80
- T.J. Montemer, '07
- Jane Olson, '64
- Juanita Page, '04
- Jerry Renaud, '75
- Tim Siedell, '91
- Josh Swartzlander, '08
- Bob Thacker, '70
- Sriyani Tidball, '72
- Matt Waite, '97
- Kirstin Wilder, '89
- Jeff Zeleny, '96
See Jeff on YouTube
Sarah Monke, ’05, and Benjamin Bradley, April 21, 2012.
Benjamin Stech, ’07, and Crystal Oberg, May 26, 2012.
Michaela Wiederspan , ’10, and David O’Neill, July 7, 2012.