We are excited to have you be a part of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) and look forward to having you on campus this fall. College is an exciting time and we want to recognize that this upcoming academic year will be different than you envisioned.
While no university can yet answer every detail, UNL is committed to offering a safe and successful educational experience for our students. We are working hard this summer to enhance health and safety so that our CASNR Community and visitors to campus can get the most out of their Nebraska experience.
A common question among our students is "what will my classes be like in the fall?" Where a course can be held in-person in a classroom or other facility, it will be. Other courses will be taught with part of the class in-person and part of the class remote, alternating to ensure an in-person interaction with your instructor and peers. There may also be online coursework to complement the classroom experience and some classes may be taught entirely online. We anticipate having the final determination of the locations and exact delivery methods for each course in early August.
The most up to date information about your on-campus experience can be found on the Fall 2020 page. Below are a few resources that may be especially helpful as you prepare for fall:
- Review the academic calendar.
- Classes will start remotely on Aug. 17, with in-person instruction beginning Aug. 24. Your instructors will reach out to you with details regarding your first remote week of classes. Monitor your Husker student email address and Canvas closely as Aug. 17 approaches.
- The semester will end on Nov. 25. We have suspended some traditional breaks to compress the fall schedule, reducing travel that can result in increased spread of COVID-19.
- With the regular fall semester completed before Thanksgiving, we will offer a new, three-week remote Fall Mini Session from Nov. 30 to Dec. 18. More details will be forthcoming in early August.
- Watch your Husker student email account and your Canvas inbox for messages from the university, your college, your instructors, and your advisors. Throughout the rest of the summer, we will communicate critical information—from safety modifications to details on how your classes will meet.
- We encourage you to connect with your academic advisors to make any changes or review your schedule. Your instructors are also a great resource, be sure to contact them with any questions about a particular class.
- Please remember that we are here to help you navigate your CASNR experience. Nicole Frerichs and Megan Schaefer are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Visit CASNR CARES for contact information.
- Your experience on campus and in-person matters.
- CASNR Launch, Thursday August 20th 3-4:30pm in the East Campus Mall. Come and connect with your CASNR peers, dean, faculty, and staff by connecting with people, places, and things around East Campus. If you would like to attend virtually, please email Megan Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The East Campus Welcome Club Fair will take place on Thursday, August 27th from 4-7pm at the Nebraska East Union.
- CASNR Virtual Community Celebration from September 4-7. Stay tuned for more details and information on scavenger hunt, trivia, CASNR Pride, and giveaways.
- UNL is offering a full slate of in-person activities, from the Big Red Welcome Street Festival to the Wellness Fair, will help kick off the fall and continue through the semester.
- Residence Life is creating new programming using virtual platforms to build community and promote student engagement. Resident assistants will host events to engage students in smaller groups and a "Live Series" will provide web-based content on life skills, game nights, and stand-alone sessions offered by campus partners. Digital Study Groups will match interested students based on the courses they are taking for Zoom sessions.
- All campus facilities — including the Nebraska Unions, Campus Recreation facilities, University Libraries and Husker Hub — will be open and following local health guidelines.
Please be assured that our #1 priority is you and your success! We look forward to having you on campus very soon.
Always an opportunity to grow
We take your development beyond the classroom with opportunites to get involved in the community via internships, research, service, speakers, and more.
OWN YOUR EXPERIENCE
We provide an education that allows you to craft your experience to fit your passions.
CONNECTIONS TO CO-CREATE YOUR PATH
CASNR is full of passionate faculty, staff and alumni with valuable real-world experiences that are eager to assist you in research, mentorship and networking.
A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY FOR YOU TO LEARN + THRIVE IN
We expose you to new places, people and ideas all while providing individualized support along the way.
A PLACE FOR YOU TO FLOURISH
CASNR is a vibrant community - complete with labs, dining options, a recreation center and specialized facilities for your studies.
INSPIRING YOU TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD
CASNR will develop you into a professional that's prepared to make a mark on the world.