Industry Job Opportunities
Midwest Roadside Safety Facility
Research Assistant or Associate Professor (2 Positions)
These research faculty positions will:
- Manage, conduct, and participate in various research studies within fields of roadside safety, motorsports safety, force protection, physical security, threat mitigation, crash analysis, and other areas to be determined.
- Serve as Principal Investigator (PI) or Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) on research studies.
- Perform non-linear, dynamic, finite element analysis (FEA) and design for various research studies involving low- to high-energy impact events using LS-DYNA and other applicable numerical analysis methods/computer simulation codes.
- Prepare and submit proposals/budgets to acquire new funding.
- Meet with prospective clients to develop research partnerships and funded projects.
- Prepare, write, review, and edit research reports, refereed journal articles, conference papers, research summaries, and status/progress reports.
- Prepare and provide technical presentations for research sponsors.
- Prepare, conduct, and manage structural analysis and material characterization studies.
Civil Designer - Omaha, NE
Primary work assignments will consist of design and construction engineering of roadways (urban, rural, and expressway) and related public infrastructure improvements with potential secondary assignments including other engineering services related to design and delivery of roadway, railroad, aviation, bridge, and/or other public infrastructure projects.View
NTC is committed to providing the highest quality educational experience to our students and offers many opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students interested in the transportation field. We also employ students from a wide range of disciplines, such as business, accounting, English, communications, web development, graphic design, and more to work in our Business Center.
For information on employment and research opportunities, contact: